How I started my paranormal journey.

I would sit up late at night watching those old black and white horror shows. Then I was brave enough to move onto colour.
I was always interested in ghost stories, old legends and stories from our past.

Then my nan told me a story that would put me on my journey into the paranormal
It was about a headless man that walked a country lane next to my nan's childhood home. In fact, she had seen him herself.
I had always remembered the story and a few years ago, I found, quite by chance, a newspaper cutting about a murder in the area my nan lived. I researched my nan's story and found out the true facts.

I realised that I enjoyed researching as much as an investigation.
With this in mind, every area I visit, I research and you will be surprised what information can be found.
So thanks to my nan, I lead an exciting life as a paranormal investigater.

I would like to point out that I do take this very seiously.
I am out to prove, one way or the other, IS THERE ANOTHER LIFE WHEN WE PASS or is it just our imagination.

Friday 13 July 2012

PRIVATE HOUSE, HALIFAX

PRIVATE INVESTIGATION
HALIFAX






FRIDAY 8th JUNE 2012


PRUK


BRIEF HISTORY OF CALDERDALE

After the Battle of Hastings in 1066, William the Conqueror gave his Knights estates and manors over the country. Most of the area of Calderdale was given to the Earl of Warrene, the first Lord of the Manor of Wakefield.

Much of this area, at this time, was woodland and moorland. Settlers began to live here between 1100 and the 1340's. Small area's of land were cleared for farming. This farming land became in short supply and most families combined farming with weaving woollen cloth.

By the late 1290's, one of the first fulling mills in the country was built in Calderdale. Fulling was a way of making woollen cloth strong. Other mills soon followed. This was now turning into big business and turned these little settlements into separate villages.

By 1475, this area becames the largest producer of Kersey cloth (a cheap but hardwearing cloth). And by the early 1500's, Calderdale cloth was exported all over the world.

During the English Civil War, Halifax and its surrounding areas, such as Calderdale survived much better than its neighbours like Leeds or Bradford with the fighting and the damage caused. Its commercial centre and busy market towns continued to grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment