How I started my paranormal journey.

I would sit up late at night watching those old black and white horror shows. Then I was brave enough to move onto colour.
I was always interested in ghost stories, old legends and stories from our past.

Then my nan told me a story that would put me on my journey into the paranormal
It was about a headless man that walked a country lane next to my nan's childhood home. In fact, she had seen him herself.
I had always remembered the story and a few years ago, I found, quite by chance, a newspaper cutting about a murder in the area my nan lived. I researched my nan's story and found out the true facts.

I realised that I enjoyed researching as much as an investigation.
With this in mind, every area I visit, I research and you will be surprised what information can be found.
So thanks to my nan, I lead an exciting life as a paranormal investigater.

I would like to point out that I do take this very seiously.
I am out to prove, one way or the other, IS THERE ANOTHER LIFE WHEN WE PASS or is it just our imagination.

Thursday 25 February 2010

The Raven
Darnhall, Nr Winsford. 22nd March 2006


GROUP ..... PARANORMALRESEARCH UK

This whole area is associated with Vale Royal Abbey.
It was originally known as DERNEHOLE (a hidden place) in Saxon times.

Before the building was a pub, it was a gamekeepers lodge.
It is said to have eight ghosts but I could only find information about two ghosts.
They are both called Tom.

GHOST 1 - elderly man. He has been seen sitting on a chair by the fireplace in the bar area. The pub has a photo whom it is believed to be Tom.






GHOST 2 - young boy, age 12 or 13. When the pub was a lodge, a boy died by the stairs. We are not sure how it happened but it happened one of three ways:-
... hung over the stairs, suicide or murder
... fell down stairs
... pushed down stairs
These stairs are in the bar area.

I was here with Kath, Phil and Marsha.

We arrived about 11pm and we started with a sceanne in the dinningroom. It started well, the glass was moving and the temperature went down around us very quickly.
We made contact with a man, first name began with the letter J. The number 7 came up as well. It then calmed down and went quite.

A trigger object was set up in the backroom. This was a cross on a piece of paper. But it didnt move.

Phil and Marsha were table tilting in the backroom. The table was moving quite a lot.







Later on, we moved into the bar area for another sceanne next to the fireplace (this is where old Tom sits). It was now about 2am.

The Landlord's dog started to bark by the door that leads out into the dinningroom by the stairs.

Marsha saw a light going across the stairs wall. This was caught on Phil's camera. It looked a little like someone had a torch switched on. Nobody had a torch on in the room and no one was outside. We started the sceanne again but this seemed to upset the dog.

Nothing else happened until a coin was thrown at 2.30am. The coin went passed in front of Phil and behind me. It landed on the fireplace. It must off hit the large glass vase by the fire cause we all heard a loud sound which sounded like glass breaking.
I had taken photo's of the fireplace earlier in the evening and there was no coin there.
The coin was a penny, 1927 King George 5th.
Everyone in the building was accounted for and we cannot understand how this coin was thrown.











During the night, the video camera would go out of focus if we tried to record anything by the stairs but it would be fine in the rest of the building.


We had to finish at 3.30am but what a great night. I would love to go back sometime and see if we could drum anything else thrown at us and maybe find out who threw the coin.

3 comments:

  1. I lived in the Raven inn, Winsford for a few months. I am quite open to sensing spirit. I always felt really uncomfortable in the back room (blue room, picture above) and the corridor where the toilets where. I felt as if someone was watching me and the dog you mentioned would never go there either. I also stayed in a caravan at the back of the pub for some time. And my daughter who was about 3 years old came to stay done times. Before going to sleep every night she would sit up in bed. And talk to a little boy. She would then say " oh you have to go now, OK " then she would go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in the Raven inn, Winsford for a few months. I am quite open to sensing spirit. I always felt really uncomfortable in the back room (blue room, picture above) and the corridor where the toilets where. I felt as if someone was watching me and the dog you mentioned would never go there either. I also stayed in a caravan at the back of the pub for some time. And my daughter who was about 3 years old came to stay done times. Before going to sleep every night she would sit up in bed. And talk to a little boy. She would then say " oh you have to go now, OK " then she would go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived at the Raven for a while as a chikd and have many happy memories of growing up here. Interestingly, I was pushed down the last few stairs as I was coming down them but I was alone at the time so this would fit in with the pushing theory and the spirit of the young boy. Such a shame that the pub is in such a state of disrepair now.

    ReplyDelete