How I started my paranormal journey.

I would sit up late at night watching those old black and white horror shows. Then I was brave enough to move onto colour.
I was always interested in ghost stories, old legends and stories from our past.

Then my nan told me a story that would put me on my journey into the paranormal
It was about a headless man that walked a country lane next to my nan's childhood home. In fact, she had seen him herself.
I had always remembered the story and a few years ago, I found, quite by chance, a newspaper cutting about a murder in the area my nan lived. I researched my nan's story and found out the true facts.

I realised that I enjoyed researching as much as an investigation.
With this in mind, every area I visit, I research and you will be surprised what information can be found.
So thanks to my nan, I lead an exciting life as a paranormal investigater.

I would like to point out that I do take this very seiously.
I am out to prove, one way or the other, IS THERE ANOTHER LIFE WHEN WE PASS or is it just our imagination.

Tuesday 2 March 2010

DELAMERE FOREST RAILWAY STATION


DELAMERE RAILWAY STATION
DELAMERE FOREST
DELAMERE
CHESHIRE


30th July 2008


GROUP ... PARANORMALRESEARCH UK



Delamere Forest is the largest area of woodland in Cheshire. The name means Forest of the Lakes. It is 2,400 acres. Delamere Forest is what is left of two forests Mara and Mondrem. These medieval forests stretched from the Mersey to the north, to Nantwich to the south, to Gowy to the west and Weaver to the east.

It was established as a hunting forest for Royalty and Earl's, by the 1st Earl Hugh d'Avranches in 1071. It passed to the crown in 1812 and then to the Forestry Commission sine 1919.



This area was probably used by Anglo Saxons for hunting. But the history of this area can be traced to Iron Age man. At the top od Eddisbury Hill, near Delamere Station, is possibly an Iron Age fort which was rebuilt by Ethelfelda's workforce in 914. It is written in the Anglo Saxon Chronicle that she established a fort at Eddisbury in this year.

Today the forest is used for walking and families go for a pinic but what most people do not realise is the history trail they are walking on. As well as a hill fort and hunting land, Delamere Forest has long been associated with gypsies. A roman road runs through the forest which is now known as the A54. Throughout the centuries, this area was the lication for highwaymen.

This area was also the location for a small skirmish in the 1st phase of the Civil War. At Tarvin, there was a short cavalry engagment around the church in August 1644. A few weeks later, Sir William Brereton arrived, surrounded the village with earth ramparts and put a garrison in the village. He needed a new base nearer to Chester, as he was about to undertake the seige of Chester.
The forest would have seen many armies marching to different areas during the Civil War from both sides.


DELAMERE FOREST RAILWAY STATION

The station was opened on the 22nd June 1870. It is 9 and a half miles form Chester on the mid Cheshire line. The station is unmaned and is a request stop.







PARANORMAL ACTIVITY

... A horse pulling a small two wheeled carriage lit by lanterns. The driver remains motionless driving along Norley road by the station.
... A white lady floats between the trees in the forest.
... A dog like creature has been seen around this area. Its about 60cm tall.


INVESTIGATION

Phil and I arrived about 8pm and had a walk around the front of the station, which includes a cafe and along the platform.








About 9pm, we took a walk down the track by the station. As we were walking around, we took a series of photo's as we were asking out. We were also talking about the ghost stories related with this area. I took a series of 6 photo's and the middle two had these orbs on.
















About 11pm, we returned to the station and stood on the platform, asking out.

I took a series of photo's and this was the only one with anything on.









We left just after midnight.



The whole area felt so different after dark. Of course walking through the trees gave you the sense of not being alone. And apart from a couple of 'orb' photo's, no other evidence was collected.

This is a great place for an investigation and a second visit is planned.

4 comments:

  1. Around 1995/6 night time parked between 2 trees at linmere car park , there was no other cars parked up, I lent across to the passenger window and saw a black shadow moving slowly side to side ,as if it was watching us , I said whats that, I jumped back into my seat and started my car, reversed back and drove off , the girl that was with me said when we drove off it expanded and and come towards the car, it still gives me goosebumps to this day , just wondering if anyone can explain this incident, it had seemed to be floating by the tree , very strange

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on the platform of delamere station and I asked out loud whether there was anyone there a spirit said we are, oh I said I hope your having a nice time later I saw and heard a man say il kill you I said are you one of the soldiers from long ago he said no, so why did you threaten me, a woman and a man said we,l stay with you to make sure your safe, later the train came and I called out thank you for comforting me thank you for your help, GOD bless I said and boarded the arriving train

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also saw a black orb but my brother who was driving didn't see anything that was 1980

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get airy feeling that someone watches me their in daylight I've visited the station once with my ex and his mate and got a horrible strange feeling

    ReplyDelete