How I started my paranormal journey.

I would sit up late at night watching those old black and white horror shows. Then I was brave enough to move onto colour.
I was always interested in ghost stories, old legends and stories from our past.

Then my nan told me a story that would put me on my journey into the paranormal
It was about a headless man that walked a country lane next to my nan's childhood home. In fact, she had seen him herself.
I had always remembered the story and a few years ago, I found, quite by chance, a newspaper cutting about a murder in the area my nan lived. I researched my nan's story and found out the true facts.

I realised that I enjoyed researching as much as an investigation.
With this in mind, every area I visit, I research and you will be surprised what information can be found.
So thanks to my nan, I lead an exciting life as a paranormal investigater.

I would like to point out that I do take this very seiously.
I am out to prove, one way or the other, IS THERE ANOTHER LIFE WHEN WE PASS or is it just our imagination.

Tuesday, 2 March 2010



21st September 2007

.................... SPECTRE ANALYSIS

It is beleived that this building was first built in the 1780's. But the plaque shows that most of this building dates from 1822. This chapel was turned into a sunday school and a new Methodist (Wesleyan) Chapel was built in 1885 on Winsford Hill. A new building was added in the 1870's-1890's.

All this area including the car park was church ground. The terrace houses by the Gym date from the 1890's.

There are two local legends associated with this area ...
1. The car park has been built over a graveyard, which is why the new houses, built at the back of the gym, are laid out in such a strange shape.
2. This is also the site for hangings.


--- The hatch door on the top floor is pften open, even if it has been shut.
--- Shadows are seen at the bottom of these stairs.
--- Orbs are seen in the building.
--- A presence is felt watching you from the top of these stairs.
--- The treadmills switch on as if someone is standing on them (which is the only way they work). The display for the heartrate will show a reading and the only way this works is if you hold the silver handles.
--- Shadows have been seen by this weight machine and at the bottom of the stairs leading to the first floor.
--- The smell of fire and wet dog have been reported in the area by this cupboard.
--- Electric turns on and off.


Phil and I had been to this building a few weeks before the investigation to have a look round, talk to the staff and plan the evenings investigation. Phil could not make the evening and so it was down to me and Kath.

Kath and I with two other members started at 9pm. The owner stayed in the building but out of the way. We started by calling out in the main gym room. As nothing was happening, we split into 2 groups. Kath went to the first floor and I headed to the flat.

As I stood at the top of the stairs, I saw movement by the threadmills. There was a loud bang and I heard whispering and someone saying "HUSH".

At nearly 11pm, we swopped rooms. While I was on the first floor, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I thought Kath was coming to me but no one was there. So I went back to the otherside of the room and starting asking out loud. More footsteps were heard but again no one was there. I made sure the hatch door had been shut and it stayed so all night.

About 12am, we met up in the main gym room. The owner had now left. As we stood talking about how the chapel use to look, mine and Kath's recorders turned off. I felt a cold breath across my face and another member of the group went cold. At the time, we were talking about a certain couple of people connected to the chapel (I have not included this information because I wish to return to investigate this building again and it would be interesting if another group came here and came up with the same information).

We tried glass divernation but nothing happened. So we tried calling out again. We moved to the room next door and called out. Kath saw a white shape move across her. So I took a series of photo's and an orb showed up --- dust?

We finished at 3am.

This is a very interesting building. Of course, I have missed out certain information about the owners experience and the information the mediums had picked up on. I couldnt recreate the footsteps or figure out the evp. I plan to return as I do think there is at least one spirit watching us.

1 comment:

  1. I too have. BEen there the spirits did say hush as it had been assoc to the chapel a man was very angry and some of the children were afraid of him