How I started my paranormal journey.

I would sit up late at night watching those old black and white horror shows. Then I was brave enough to move onto colour.
I was always interested in ghost stories, old legends and stories from our past.

Then my nan told me a story that would put me on my journey into the paranormal
It was about a headless man that walked a country lane next to my nan's childhood home. In fact, she had seen him herself.
I had always remembered the story and a few years ago, I found, quite by chance, a newspaper cutting about a murder in the area my nan lived. I researched my nan's story and found out the true facts.

I realised that I enjoyed researching as much as an investigation.
With this in mind, every area I visit, I research and you will be surprised what information can be found.
So thanks to my nan, I lead an exciting life as a paranormal investigater.

I would like to point out that I do take this very seiously.
I am out to prove, one way or the other, IS THERE ANOTHER LIFE WHEN WE PASS or is it just our imagination.

Monday 1 March 2010

OLD ST CHAD'S, TUSHINGHAM


OLD ST CHAD'S, JULY 2006
TUSHINGHAM, NR WHITCHURCH

GROUP ..... PARANORMALRESEARCH


Built in 1689, it replaced a much older timber framed structure.
Left isolated in the fields when the new church was built in 1863, on the main road half a mile away.

The church and churchyard is very peaceful. It retains the character of a church from a century ago. It even has a horse drawn hearse still resting in a coach house in the church grounds.
The building that holds the hearse was originally a meeting room. The hearse was made in 1880 by a firm of coachbuilders from Doddington, Nr Whitchurch. It was a gift from a former vicar. It was last used in the 1920's. Since then it has been restored by the County Museums Service. But it is now just left in the building.

By the main door, there is a flight of steps. There were to reach two private box pews and a gallery. One pew for the Stephen's Family( stewarts to the Cholmondeley family) and one for the Vernon Family of Tushingham House.








Inside the church, there are stained glass windows dating from the 19th century, solid oak bench pews, two box pews and roof timbers with intricate open work.







We were only able to spend a couple of hours here and most of the investigation was done in daylight.

We had a walk round, asking out.









While I was standing on the outside of the windows, I asked if their was anyone watching us and if so, please show me a sign. I took these photo's. I didnt see these at the time.


































Very quiet investigation but we didnt stay long. Well worth a second visit.

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me when the Church Services are being held in the Summer 2017

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have vids and photos of those spotlight things and other things I can't wrap my brain around.richcardocameless@gmail.com. Or call 864 377 9254

    ReplyDelete