How I started my paranormal journey.

I would sit up late at night watching those old black and white horror shows. Then I was brave enough to move onto colour.
I was always interested in ghost stories, old legends and stories from our past.

Then my nan told me a story that would put me on my journey into the paranormal
It was about a headless man that walked a country lane next to my nan's childhood home. In fact, she had seen him herself.
I had always remembered the story and a few years ago, I found, quite by chance, a newspaper cutting about a murder in the area my nan lived. I researched my nan's story and found out the true facts.

I realised that I enjoyed researching as much as an investigation.
With this in mind, every area I visit, I research and you will be surprised what information can be found.
So thanks to my nan, I lead an exciting life as a paranormal investigater.

I would like to point out that I do take this very seiously.
I am out to prove, one way or the other, IS THERE ANOTHER LIFE WHEN WE PASS or is it just our imagination.

Monday, 1 March 2010



The public house and the church are across the road from eachother.

The Inn dates from 1614, this date appears over the door. The Crewe Family emblem appears on the pub and gave it its name.

Old records indicate that The White Lion was not used solely as an inn until the latter part of the 19th century. Prior to this it was used as an office for John Crewe to collect rents. It was also used by clerk's for the parish. It was sometimes referred to as The Clerk's Cottage.

Across the road towards the church are some steps. These steps and the wall used to belong to another public house. This was called The Punchbowl. It was also a shop. It was knocked down in 1867.

The church is dedicated to an 8th century saint. It is built on an ancient burial site. There has been a church here since Norman times. There was a schoolhouse in the churchyard.

At the back of the church is The Old Rectory. The top storey (which has now been taken off) was haunted by Randle Crewe. He would walk along the passage at 12 midnight.

This small area was the site of the Christmas Day Massacre of 1643. Twenty men hid in the church tower. They were burnt out by the Royalists. Twelve were killed.

... a large black hound is said to haunt the rectory drive (where the village hall is now) and the churchyard.
... a woman in white is said to walk around the churchfield
... things move in the pub
... an old farmer has been seen on top of the stairs. He wears a beige coloured smock and what looks like bags on his feet. He has a round face and beard.
... people have been pinched and what feels like arms around their shoulders
... smoke rings have been seen upstairs in the pub
... tapping and knocking sounds on the main door downstairs
... doors upstairs in the pub have been unlocked but then locked themselves
... doors slam shut upstairs in the pub
... shadows have been seen upstairs
... a man has been seen sitting downstairs in the bar but you turn round to get a better look at him and he disappears

Me, Kath and Phil with another member started in the churchyard at 9.3opm.

We walked round asking out as we walked. Phil stayed by the church wall and I took three photo's one after another. Two photo's had an orb on.

We continued to ask out as we walked around. I took a lot of photo's with orbs on but just as many without orbs.

We went into the pub at 10.30pm and sent up our equipment. We started our investigation at 11.45pm.

Phil and I took the temp readings and then we all went upstairs to the Function room.

It was very warm. We asked out several times. Kath had her leg tickled and the torch flickered when we asked anyone to mess with it.
Phil had been round this room with his Neg Iron det and he found nothing but when he passed it to me at 12.45am, it went off.

We left the room at 1.10am and stood on the landing for a while. Just in case the farmer paid us a visit. A tape recorder was left on the landing for the night.

We went downstairs into the bar area. Phil's neg iron det went off by me again. We asked out and took photo's but nothing else happened.

At 1.30am, we split into two groups. Phil went into the next room. Kath and myself stayed in the bar. Kath and I were asking out and table tilting but apart from me getting goosebumps, nothing happened. Phil and the other member were getting lots of photo's with orbs on, or was it just a dusty room.

At 2.30am we swoped rooms but nothing happened and we all tried table tilting in the room next to the bar. Still nothing. By 3.15am, Kath tried a pendulum but the results were mixed and we decieded that if we were in contact with someone, they were messing about. So we stopped.

By 4.20am, we were sitting in a small room at the back of the pub. I caught this strange orb (or just a very bright piece of dust)

We finished at 4.30am.

Very disappointing, no real evidence but when we were looking through what we had done, we caught this strange mist by Phil. This did not show at the time and no one else noticed this on the night even Phil.

No comments:

Post a comment